Ball Wide Mouth Canning Jars OLD Canning Jars - Safe To Use?

OLD Canning Jars - Safe to Use? - ball wide mouth canning jars

I "inherited" jars my mother. (That is, he has packed in almost 35 years and wanted out of his cave, he took it!) Are very old - some came from his mother and grandmother. There are balls of age and Kerr jars, blue with some flaws (bubbles) in glasses mouth very wide and short, some faces with designs I've ever seen. None of them are old zinc lids had with them, damn it. So they are safe for canning, or do I always use a little for the good of the trust and the rest on an antique? I know most of them are very valuable, even without a zinc lid.

I may get it in cans, and it would be a way of not having to buy the bottles, but I am a little wary about the use of glasses that have waited so long. My fear is that I enjoy in a bath of hot water, only to break and ruin all the work I have done. You did not survive a trip through the dishwasher, though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment